Factory Direct Home Improvement in Indianapolis, Indiana - 48 Windows Replaced in Carmel, IN

5.0
Turnaround Time

Update by user Jan 05

The lead time was 3 weeks. All the other window companies told us 8 weeks. We also got the Head Installer, Mike, with over 30 years experience.I posted a picture of several of the windows that were completed by Factory Direct.

Original review posted by user Jan 05

Factory Direct had the best installers, windows, materials, and pricing. All the other companies out there were wanting to charge us over 600.00 per window. Factory Direct only changed us 389.00 per window which was a savings of 211.00 per window and the window from Factory Direct was a higher grade with better NFRC Ratings.

Overall we saved over 10,000.00. It’s been over a year now and we’ve gone through 2 winters, and not one problem. We are very happy with our new windows from Factory Direct.

Check the ratings on Angie’s List and the BBB, they had the best rating on both.

-Richard Hall

Product or Service Mentioned: Factory Direct Home Improvement Window Installation.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Factory Direct Home Improvement in Indianapolis, Indiana - Pissed Consumer of Factory Direct

5.0
Turnaround Time

I could find one window company that had good pricing and great products. All the window companies that came out to our home tried to sell us.

I didn’t want to be sold, I wanted to be educated and I wanted a good price too. Factorydirect did everything right, and did not pressure us to buy and gave us lots of options. They beat our best estimate by 15%, and gave us a few extras that we were not counting on.

I’m glad we found Factorydirect. I’m attaching a few pictures of our home after the installation of our new windows.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Factory Direct Home Improvement - Factory Direct Window Replacement Review from Indianapolis, Indiana

I to just got lies and cused out on the phone they used a broken $20 shop vac. And blew plaster and construction dust all over my house and cut out my vapor barrier reframed my windows i ask that they clean up the mess byt all they had was a broken shop vac.

A dirty broom and old sheets for drop cloths.

I thought custom ment they would fit back without reframing and putting some Windows high and some low. Then the said we don't want to do nothing for you get an attorney we want you to spend money your fat and have a piece of *** house were not going to do anything for you and you can forget about your warranty too and he wouldn't tell me his name but he called me from an 800 number and I called sure enough it was Factory Direct.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Factory Direct Home Improvement - Indy; DO NOT BE FOOLED!!!

I am a small business owner and I am a consumer so I know both side of dealing with customer and the public. I also know there is two sides to every story.

This is my review of Factory Direct Home Improvement. In early May we contacted several companies via Angie's List to receive quotes on replacing new windows in our home. One company we called was Factory Direct Home Improvement. We called them because they had a promotion for 7 windows for one price.

The Presentation: We set up an appointment and there manager Stefan came out to show us there presentation. We informed him about the promotional flyer we had from there company. Stefan proceeded to tell us that the promotion on the flyer had a bunch of exclusion. We question him on it and told him that nowhere on the sheet did it say anything about exclusions.

He told me that there was not enough room on the sheet to print that information. I negotiated a reasonable price for the 7 window and the install. We signed the contract and paid half down. Stefan could not provide me with a receipt at that time but he said he would email me in a few days.

I told Stefan to email us the receipt and the paperwork. It took several phone calls for us to reach Stefan. Each time, Stefan told me he would call us back, he never did. I was the one calling him over and over.

The Customer Service: Each time we called, it was one excuse after another. Stefan even told me he was too busy to deal with my issues. If your that busy, hire more people, If your that rude, you should not be working with the public. The Install: We were told that the windows would take up to four weeks to produce.

Once the windows were in, they would call me to schedule the installation of the new windows. We waited five weeks and then called Factory Direct to see what the status was on the install. We again talked to Stefan and he told me that the windows were in and he would call me back to schedule. One week later, he still had not called back.

I called again and got someone else on the phone (unable to get his name) I told him why I was calling and he was rude and told me that Stefan Would call me the next day to schedule. Mid Afternoon the next day, I called and spoke with Nathan who told me that the windows were going to be installed the next Monday at 9am. He didn't even give me an option to schedule them on any other day or time. The install was long, 6 hours but the installers were really nice and professional.

The answered any and all of my questions. Once the windows were installed, one of the installers pointed out a small chip in my new window. He told me that he is going to write it up and that the office would call me about the damaged window. I waited, to see if they would call me about the chip.

I waited three weeks and no phone call. I called the office and spoke to Stefan again about my damaged window. He told me that he would see what was going on with the replacement and call me right back. To my surprise, no returned call from Stefan.

The next day I received a call on my voicemail from the manufacture, Polaris, about the damaged window. They told me that they just received an order that day for the replacement glass. I called Polaris back and they told me that it would take 2 weeks to order the glass and then they would install. I told the lady that I found it weird I was dealing with the manufacture and not the person I bought it from.

The girl at Polaris agreed Within a week, my replacement window was complete and they installed it in a matter of ten minutes. In Closing: Price: The windows I received were good for the price we paid. However, I felt that there advertisement was shady and when I was told that they couldn't put a disclaimer on their ads, I was baffled. Quality: So far the products good.

We did have the chip in the window but it was taken care of and we are supposed to have a lifetime warranty. Responsiveness: I think that there sales staff and management needs a less on customer service and how to treat a customer. They don't return calls. When you do reach them, they tell you that they will call you back and they don't.

Punctuality: My windows were done for over a week and no one called me to tell me. I had to call several time for them to respond to me. And then when my glass was damaged they did nothing until I kept calling them.

Professionalism: They are rude, the false advertise and then they lie to you. I would not trust these guys.

Monetary Loss: $1900.

Comments

This company has good reviews on Angie’s List and BBB. I’m not making a decision from this one review.

I want reviews where the customers actually had the work completed and the windows installed. I’ll stick to Angie’s List.

My windows turned out nice. Great company.

I agree with Kevin, many excuses on promo. Then I was told they could do Pella Windows for x in my house but then pushed Polaris and in the end came up $700 higher on Polaris and he couldn't do Pella for price given in same conversation.

Needless to say I now have 4 more estimates being done this week. If they beat Factory Direct price, I'm going with that company as all 4 of them are local companies as well, if they don't I'll go with factory direct. What I won't do is call factory direct with others quotes so they can change their price. If they lose my business it was for lying on Pella quote, if they get it I'm not concerned about service/installation.

Simply felt like the person Sonny called(he's a really nice guy) was trying to bargain with me like one does when buying a used car, unprofessional after Sonny represented them well and started them off on a very positive experience. We'll see what happens this week, the 4 coming out know quote to beat.

to Brett #1391265

As a followup, I did have a discussion with a Sr VP today. What we had was a misunderstanding.

I took some things in a way not intended by the rep. As I mentioned before, Factory Direct still very well may get my business as quality of product/service is not a concern of mine. I am still getting additional quotes, which was encouraged by Mike, great person to speak with, I truly enjoyed it. To end, I would recommend getting a quote from Factory Direct and would recommend Sonny.

I'm sure their other staff is good as well, but Sonny is the only one I have had at my home to give a recommendation on. Good people

I’ve had my windows installed by Factory Direct for 3 years now. I’m getting 5 more windows put in by them next month.

Carmel, Indiana, United States #1353428

We had no problems and the windows look great.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1220807

Our windows were installed last week. We had an awesome experience.

Funny how I thought this review had some truth in the beginning when it came up in a search.

After reading this review a second time, he was taken care of. He didn't like how long it took.

Happy customer here!!! A+

Richard Barns, Indianapolis

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1190751

Some people just need something to complain about.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1186644

We just had windows installed in our home. No problems here.

Kevin Cole, Indianapolis, IN

This makes no sense. Some people just want to complain to complain.

We bought windows Factory Direct and they did a nice job.

They have an A+ on Angie's List and they're a 5 time Angie's List award winner. Best company I've delta with yet...

Larry Bynum

Indianapolis, IN

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #831998

Keven needs a hug...lol He is the only one on here with a bad experience as I have searched all over the web on Factory Direct. I also searched them on Angie's List and the BBB, there were nothing but great reviews and praise for Factory Direct. With that said one guy is not going to change my mind.

Zionsville, Indiana, United States #829651

Love our new windows by Factory Direct! Not sure about the post above...? Seems as if they fixed his service issue.

I've had my windows for 3 years now and no problems with the windows or service in the beginning. -Bob Davis

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #823665

I love my windows, I'm not sure how this review got on here. Factory Direct Home Improvement did a nice job and I would use them again.

Greenwood, Indiana, United States #784201

This post just goes to show you really can't trust what people put on the internet. I made sure to cover all bases of this web posting with Factory Direct because I was a little worried from what I read.

I experienced just the opposite with this company, we had no problems and windows are great.

The lesson I've learned is check the BBB, Angie's, or reputable rating services. Factory Direct has an A+ on both.

Fishers, Indiana, United States #773100

No problems with our windows. Factory Direct did a great on our windows.

We had service issue and Factory Direct took care of it for us with no issues.

As a successful business owner, that's what I call good service. -Dan

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #714478

No problem with our windows.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #711547
We love our new windows from Factory Direct...I guess you can't please everyone. :)
Fishers, Indiana, United States #663125

We love our windows from Factory Direct. I own a company and I would not want this Kevin guy as a customer.

There is always one guy trying to destroy the reputation of a company that takes years to build.

It seems that Kevin's windows were installed and repaired to his satisfaction from what he writes. We would use Factory Direct again.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #592531

Factory Direct did a great job on our windows. I will call them back out to install the remainder of my windows soon.

-Chris

My windows that were installed by Factory Direct Home Improvement have made a huge difference on our energy bills. Happy customer here!!

Meridian Hills, Indiana, United States #579373

I had windows installed by this company and I didn't have one problem...Our windows look great and the installers did a fantastic job.

Nathan, the manager of this business is clearly unprofessional. Not only does he LIE to his customers, he will threaten you if you make any honest reviews about his company.

I have never meet Nathan in person, only conversation on the phone and via email. Nathan calls me “mental.” That is his right and opinion; kind of like my review is my opinion and I have every right to tell the truth. Apparently, Nathan does not like nor allows or care about people’s opinions about his company. If you leave any bad feedback, in his opinion your considered “mental.”

Nathan contacted me on 9/19 @ 4:34pm via my office phone. Immediately he was hostel and threating towards me, Calling me an “A** Hole” & “*****.” He further more told me to come to his place of business and he would “let me have it.”

While his response is welcomed, it’s full of untruthful information. First of all, he can investigate me for alleged threats that never occurred. I welcome any investigation because the truth is that Nathan contacted me via me several time and threatened me. I have not contacted this company, since I wrote my reviews. Secondly, the service that he described is WRONG and Nathan is lying about the service performed. Nathan says in his comment above, “We noticed Kevin Smith’s hostility towards us when he approached us about painting windows. We informed Kevin Smith that all windows, that receive custom paint, are always completed by the manufacture, and is our policy, due to the fact that it would void the manufacturer’s warranty.” Either Nathan does not know what is going on or if he is making up lies in attempt to make his company look better. The fact is that I actually purchased 7 windows and had they installed, that is it, nothing more. At no time did I approach, ask, request, or speak of any paint work to be done to my windows. This clearly shows Nathans unprofessional ways and lack of customer knowledge about what is going on with his customers. It also shows his shameless attempts to turn the blame on the customer. LIES after LIES!!!!

I am a business owner and I believe no company is perfect! I personally made attempts to contact this company and I had given them the opportunity to fix and to acknowledge all of my concerns before posting any reviews.

How you handle these issues and concerns goes a long way in customer service. To use slander, vulgarity and threats because they did not like my review is not only unprofessional, it’s unmoral. By replying to online reviews and telling people that the customer is mental or sending emails and degrading customers is POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and shows me personally that this company cannot handle customer issues.

My review on this site and Angie’s List is accurate and 100% honest. Nathan can call me crazy, mental, weird or whatever but it does not chance the fact that they provide bad service and they deserve the review I give them and more… Others my think differently and that is there opinion.

The following is an email I sent after Nathan called and the one I received back from there general manager. Hopefully it sheds light on their professionalism; again, how you treat and react to people goes a long way. (By the way, I know I am not a great speller or great with grammar, it doesn’t bother me)

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Kevin Smith wrote:

Your company is based on lies and false promises. It is my option and I have a right to tell other. If you were professional, you would follow through and handle people with respect. Calling people *** Holes and *** goes a long way. I hope you’re happy with yourself for doing so.

Like your request, DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN. If you do, I will turn over the recording from our conversation earlier to the Carmel PD and you will be charged with intimidation and harassment. I hope for you, you grow up and learn how to manage people and a business. You took something so professional and turned it personal.

And by the way, DO NOT EVER THREATEN ME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

On Sep 19, 2012, at 6:17 PM, Nathan Brown wrote:

Ever heard of spell check? Did you even graduate from high school? Your grammar sucks...No response is needed for a little man like yourself. This would be a good time to STOP emailing...If you have any brains bub.

In conclusion, I believe that all consumers should have the right to review any company they have contracted. I as a consumer WILL NOT be bullied, intimidated or threatened by any person in any business. I have a right to voice my concerns in hopes that other see what my experience was with this company in hope that they can understand what other consumers have gone through.

This is solely may experience with this company and while I will NEVER USE OR RECOMMEND this company to my worst enemy, you may have better luck. I just hope you are not fooled by Nathan, his comment and his companies POOR SERVICE, UNPROFESSIONALISM and the LACK OF RESPECT to its customers. BUYERS BEWARE!

Kevin Smith is now being investigated for threats made against employees here at Factory Direct and obviously has a few mental issues from what we have found. I have never heard anything farther from the truth from anyone in over 15 years in this industry.

We feel that all Angie’s List Members can see right through Kevin Smith, and his reviews. We believe everyone can clearly see that out of 1000’s of customers, over the years, since 1991, Kevin Smith is the only one posting negative reviews about our company, all over the internet.

We noticed Kevin Smith’s hostility towards us when he approached us about painting windows. Kevin Smith works with his father, who is the owner of a paint business. We found that their paint business also received a 2011 Angie’s List Super Service Award like us.

Kevin Smith knows and clearly understands how important good reviews are on Angie’s List. We informed Kevin Smith that all windows, that receive custom paint, are always completed by the manufacture, and is our policy, due to the fact that it would void the manufacturer’s warranty. The manufacturer warranties all custom painted windows for 20 years, and we would not have it any other way, due to the special paint process that last for many years.

We understand that it is a bad economy out there right now. This is not the way to take out any frustrations on companies that truly do good business, as a way to lash out.

to Factory Direct Home Improvemen #1035759

This guy has too much time on his hands...lol We had a great experience with Factory Direct.

Michael Robertson